Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

I thought I would try "Ten on Tuesday" after I saw this on a few other blogs I follow. It's hosted by Chelsea at Roots and Rings

1. When someone asks you for a book recommendation, what is your go-to book?

Lately, it's The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister or Two Kisses for Maddy by Matt Logelin.

2. Do you buy your books, or are you a library patron?

Both. I love putting things on hold and picking them up at the library, but sometimes I go crazy at Barnes and Noble and buy five books at once! I tend to alternate...check some out, buy some.

3. E-readers, yay or nay?

Nay for now. I don't have one and I can't really imagine giving up physical books, which I love, love, love. But I do not go anywhere without my Blackberry, my iPod, and my digital camera, so I'm a total gadget person and it's weird that I'm NOT into them yet!

4. What was your favorite book as a child?

As a child, I loved a book called The Tiger Who Came to Tea by Judith Kerr. I still have the copy that my parents bought me when we lived in England in the late 70s and I read it to my daughter now!

The first long book I read was Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I was in the fourth grade and I finished it in five days, which seemed epic at the time because it was so thick. It's still a favorite, just a lovely book.

5. If you could be any character in a book, who would you be?

Probably Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice...I'll take Colin Firth or Matthew MacFayden as Mr. Darcy any day. Or Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter books. :)

6. What book would you love to see turned into a movie?

It's often hard to find a movie that lives up to a book I really love, Pride and Prejudice notwithstanding.

7. What is your all-time favorite book?

Pride and Prejudice, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Sun Also Rises, A Prayer for Owen Meany, Little Women, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, 84 Charing Cross Road. If you haven't gathered from this list that I was an English major and have an affinity for epistolary novels, I don't know what to say. :)

8. How many books do you read at once?

I'm lucky to get through one at a time. I cannot focus on more than one any way due to lack of time and Mommy brain-I just start getting confused and forgetting what is going on in the book.

9. What is your favorite book genre?

I actually really love mysteries (obsessed with Elizabeth George's Inspector Lynley series) and chick lit!

10. Which Harry Potter book is the best? Or haven’t you read them at all?

I love the Harry Potter books. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite book of the series and happens to be my favorite of the movies too. Love the time travel elements and Hermione's leadership role. I can't wait until S is old enough for us to read these together!

No comments:

Post a Comment